lalalaura725

The Little Pink Book Boutique

YA book blogger, paranormal addict, sucker for a good love story. Adore fairies and angels, and enjoy getting lost in a good dystopian or fantasy novel. Tons of reviews, giveaways, and other fun bookish stuff on my blog, The Little Pink Book Boutique.

Starters

Starters - Lissa Price I didn't love this book, but I didn't hate it either. The writing was fine, the concept was very unique and seemed well planned out. The characters were OK. I did have some connection with them, but not a super in depth connection, which isn't necessarily bad. My main issue I would say, was with the world building. I was confused and couldn't get an image in my head of it at all. Taking place in a futuristic/dystopian LA there were themes of today, the 1950s, the future as far as technology, and it just all didn't seem to fit together for me. While this played a huge part in my overall enjoyment of the book, it didn't ruin the story for me. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys dytopian or sci-fi. I am curious to read the sequel because the ending was pretty crazy!!!!