lalalaura725

The Little Pink Book Boutique

YA book blogger, paranormal addict, sucker for a good love story. Adore fairies and angels, and enjoy getting lost in a good dystopian or fantasy novel. Tons of reviews, giveaways, and other fun bookish stuff on my blog, The Little Pink Book Boutique.

A World Away

A World Away - Nancy Grossman I did not finish this book. The main reason is that it definitely reads very juvenile, more middle grade than young adult, even though the main character is 16. the writing is very simple, which is fine, but makes the characters come across as flat. The event taking place - a young Amish girl choosing to leave home for her rumspringa to live as a nanny in Chicago - would in my opinion evoke way more emotion than I felt. I had trouble connecting with Eliza, and when I realized that her explanations and experiences of the English world for the first time werent interesting to me, I decided to just move on. Rating this book up to Chapter 13 where I left off, I would give it 2.5 stars. I can really see a younger reader enjoying this one.