lalalaura725

The Little Pink Book Boutique

YA book blogger, paranormal addict, sucker for a good love story. Adore fairies and angels, and enjoy getting lost in a good dystopian or fantasy novel. Tons of reviews, giveaways, and other fun bookish stuff on my blog, The Little Pink Book Boutique.

Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception (Books of Faerie, #1)

Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception (Books of Faerie, #1) - Maggie Stiefvater This was my 2nd book by Maggie Stiefvater, and I can't say I was much more happy with this one than with Shiver. I found the same flaws: --The characters weren't developed--Deirdre met & fell in love with Luke within the first few PAGES! How can you fall madly deeply in love with a guy you JUST met and don't even KNOW! It baffled me....Luke eludes this air of mystery and danger, which in a way pans out in the end. I love the urban fantasy faerie stories...but this one fell flat in my opinion.And I don't understand what is up with her character's always having such odd relationships with their parents? The main theme of the story was good, but it could've been better.I've lost faith in this author, and don't see myself reading anything more from her in the future.